0

RECOVERY- FULL DAY 2

Yup, I'm on a full Day #2 of recovery from surgery. It's been good and quiet and a bit boring at times, but all in all probably the best R&R that I've had all year. (Yup, that's kinda sad. It took surgery to get that?!) Today, I was chatting with a friend and took some pictures of my leg.

Day 2: I can hobble around but was told to stay off the leg.

looking familiar? same pics over and over...

I'm kinda going a bit stir crazy of not being out of the house for 2, almost 3 days. I mean I LIVE for being outside and enjoying the ocean and the fresh air. This is definitely NOT what I want to be doing. But I know it's the best thing right now. Luckily today, my friend is going to come and pick me up to go to the box so I could get a change of scenery. The pain is starting to set in a bit. It's just a dull achy sort of feeling, but it's definitely not bad.

10 minutes later, my friend tells me to "start hopping down the stairs." Bahaha. Yup. and hop I did. He sees me walking down the stairs with my big fat sushi roll on the left leg and starts laughing. He then proceeds to take his camera and takes a picture of me limping and gimping across the street.

Oh and Yes, "Gimping" should now be a word in the dictionary. (Oh, maybe the urban dictionary?")

Because I hadn't been outside in 2 days!!
We ended up going to the box. Immediately, I saw my 2 babies (basically they are my good friends that are almost a decade younger than I am) that were visiting from the OC and instead of stepping foot inside the box, I ended up leaving from there and hanging out with them ALL DAY LONG.

(I think if I were to have stayed at the box, I would have cried, well either that, or I probably would've not been thinking, and would try and work out. Ugh, sometimes, I'm not very smart in that sense.)

So guess what we did?! After a few hours of lounging around, eating food and watching lame movies, we decided to make CANDY.  I'm just going to get everyone else fat around me so I'm not the only one gaining the LBS while being extremely sedentary. BAHAHAHA. OK, I'm just kidding people. Actually, it was a lot of fun and we ended up making candy for Mustache Movember. 

Multicolored mustaches. Cute eh?

Mustache Bouquets!

All in all, it was a great day! I love the sun and can't wait until I can start surfing again. Not to mention the snow season being right around the corner! Make it rain people, and SNOW!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top