0

RECOVERY- FULL DAY 4

I feel nauseous. First time I felt this way since right after the surgery. I actually went almost a full day without taking a Vicodin. But then around 3pm, the achy-ness started to set in and I decided to take it. Well, unfortunately shortly after, I felt like I was going to throw up, and that feeling hasn't subsided since then. (and as I type this) Okay, so my first full day of work was not exactly the most productive. It was difficult to walk and I was slow moving around the office. I also decided not to bring my crutches in because of how cumbersome and annoying they can be. But then during the middle of the day, decided that I probably should have brought them into work. Tomorrow is a new day.

I also spoke to my doctor/surgeon today regarding the next steps. My post op is set for November 12. That's exactly 7 days from now and if you ask me, waaaaaaay too long of a wait. At that point, he'll see how I'm healing up. When I spoke to him on the phone he said he did 3 things in the surgery:


  • The main reason for surgery- to trim and cut the bad shredded meniscus (leaving the good stuff).
  •  My arthritis in the knee was worse than he thought- so he shaved down the bone.
  •  Because of the arthritic knee, he drilled small little holes in the bone to stimulate new cartilage growth.

So until then, he told me to take it easy, and don't drive (because I drive a stick shift and I can't push down on the clutch). I'm planning on getting a rental car for Friday and Saturday so I can drive to work for a meeting Saturday morning and then head over to a wedding in Temecula right afterwards.

The worst part is, NO SHOWER. Uh excuse me? That is not exactly the best news to hear from your doc. But we are all creative and I will find ways to do it. If it means putting a big garbage bag around my leg and sticking it out the shower door, than that is what I will do. 7 more days is just waaaay too long without a shower.

Oh and about this plant based diet of day 1? How about the food is simply not enough. I felt hungry today,  and I even snuck in some extra snacks like an apple, dried veggies, fruits and nuts, but maybe I need to reevaluate how hungry I am during the day. Maybe I actually don't need all the food I've been consuming. (Which is more along the lines of what I'm thinking) Up until this point, I've been over eating and under exercising.

Let's see how day 2 goes. Hopefully a bit better.





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top