0

RECOVERY- FULL DAY 3

Full day 3 today. It's been good. I only took 2 pain pills today. I rested and hung out with the Ell for half the day today. It was awesome. We went to go eat at this place called "How Do You Roll." A kinda subway for sushi. Well, that might be a wrong sort of analogy, but basically, it's sushi made the way you want it. You choose your wrap; soy or seaweed, type of rice, vegetable, your protein, your sauce, etc. and they roll it up.

Actually, it was quite good.

And then we went to have real Italian gelato. Again, super good. But now I need to seriously watch what I eat because I went from being super duper active, to being completely sedentary.

That said, I decided to start a new eating program. A sort of opposite dietary plan than the paleo diet. Instead of meat and vegetables, little fruit, some fat, and no sugar. I'm going to be eating a ton of vegetables, whole grains like quinoa, and little fruit. I paid for this program through a fellow CrossFitter who follows this program rather than the paleo diet.

Yup, it's a vegetarian diet. It's a diet high in carbs (good carbs) and low in fat. I say again, completely opposite from the Paleo diet, but based on the fact that I am not working out at all and resting, I want to lose some of my mass and lose a good amount of weight. 15 lbs before I start working out again. I think it's doable, but I do have to stay completely focused and not veer away from this plan.  Because this diet is a vegetarian diet, I will be consuming less calories which will in turn help me lose lbs. I did take some before pictures and at this point, I don't feel at liberty to show them. Maybe I will if the results seem pretty apparent in the next month or two.

This will be an amazing experiment. My food was delivered in vacuum sealed packs for whole week.  And labeled per day. I paid for 3 meals a day for 7 days; 21 total meals. The good thing about this is that because I still have not been able to drive, I don't have to think about ways of getting to the grocery store, then determining what I will eat for the next week and then having to cook. So here's the menu for this week.



Tomorrow will be my first day to start this new diet and it'll also be the first day back at work since the surgery. Let's see how that goes.

hugs,
zoo



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top